Florida Tiles supplies some of the most popular tiles we have in stock and their new pebble mosaic product line has been a big hit with our BVI customers. Each tile is hand made by highly trained artisans and requires gentle cleaning to maintain its lustre.
Here are the top do’s and don’ts of tile care from Florida Tiles:
· Do use a grout joint. Due to inherent size variations in porcelain and ceramic floor tiles, a grout joint must be used. Your installer will be able to recommend a suitable grout joint for the product you’ve selected
· Do regularly apply a water based penetrating sealer on all natural stone products
· Always do a small test with sealers & cleaners to insure desired results
· Do use a sealer on grout joints; except for 100% solid epoxy grout
· Do read and follow label directions for all cleaners and sealers
· Do not combine ammonia and household bleaches
· Do not use harsh cleaning agents such as steel wool pads or strong acids, which can scratch or damage the surface of your tile
· Do not use a cleaning agent that contains color on unglazed tile, natural stone, or white grout, as these porous surfaces may absorb the color
· Do use only non-abrasive cleaning compound or formula that is recommended for both glass and tile when cleaning glass tile
Do speak to your Drakes Trader sales assistant if you have any particular questions on keeping your tiles clean.