It’s very easy to overlook a single broken tile on the basis that it’s too complicated or costly to replace.
Ace’s Home Expert, Lou Manfredini takes you through the simple step-by-step process on how to remove and replace the damaged tile:
- Once you have removed the grout, use a piece of cloth to manage the impact of the hammer when breaking up the old tile to remove it from the floor surface.
- Pre-mixed grout and adhesive all-in-one is a time saver when making this type of small repair. Use grout sealant to prevent stains and water damage.
- Use Thin Set in an area with a lot of moisture or pressure – it works like mortar or cement, but only takes a thin layer to bind surfaces. Pre-mixed thin set is convenient for small repairs.
- Tile shards are sharp so be sure to protect your eyes and hands when removing the broken tile.
- Follow the instruction and recommended drying time for the adhesive and grout you use.
You’ll find all the tools and materials you need at Drakes Traders.