Are you ready for some summer gardening? We have put together a list of must-have gardening tools for our horticulturist customers:
1. Hand Trowel: A hand trowel is a must-have for all gardeners. Over the years they may rust and the handle may lose its grip. It’s important to have a trowel that you still find comfortable to use and is in decent enough condition to get into tight spots.
2. Work Gloves: Work gloves are one of our most popular items, primarily because they receive the most wear and tear out of all gardening supplies. It’s important to wear gloves that protect your hands from thorns and give you a good grasp on weeds. Most gloves also offer your hands protection from the damaging effects of the sun.
3. Watering Can: We recommend gardeners to have two different watering cans. One with a wide sprout for ground plants and one with a narrow spout for potted plants. Using a wide spout will just waste water when it comes to watering potted plants in narrow containers.
4. Pruner: A new pruner will make clipping and cutting a much easier feat. We have a range of clippers with rubber bumpers that absorbs shock making them comfortable and easy to use.
5. Cultivator: A new cultivator will help you pierce the soil with greater ease. We have a range of sizes catering to the needs of most home gardens.
Visit Drakes Traders in Fish Bay today to find out more about your gardening essentials.